Monday, March 21, 2016

Shalom!

I hate being sick, especially when I have to stay at home and I'm not able to do anything but sleeping and watching films. That's why the only thing that I can write you about is a film that I watched yesterday (as you might suppose, sleeping wouldn't be so interesting - mostly because all the time I was dreaming about breathing normally). 

'Blue velvet' is one of the most famous films by an American director, screenwriter, painter, musician and author, David Lynch (1946). Like almost every other movie he's made, it's surreal, strange, mistifying and disturbingly violent. The plot seems to be far more complicated than it actually is. However, although we might feel that everything becomes clear at the end, there are some things that remain unsaid and leave the viewer confused and distracted. 

It's really difficult to decide which of the elements play the lead - is it an amazing charcater starred by Kyle MacLachlan, or horrifying and fascinating at the same time Isabella Rosellini, or maybe a really beautiful soundtrack, which can also compete with incredibly genious and poetic takes by Frederick Elmes. 

I've already seen it twice and I can only tell you that it's worth watching at least once! 


No comments:

Post a Comment