Saturday, October 15, 2016

The 2nd stage of the Wieniawski competition has finished a few hours ago. 26 musicians from 11 countries have faced a very challenging repertoire - one composition for violin and piano by Fritz Kreisler, a romantic miniature and a huge 19th or 20th century Sonata. There has been no place for trivial virtuosity or playing the violin without playing music. The aim of this stage has been to choose the most sensitive, creative and unique musicians. 

The members of Jury, chaired by maestro Maxim Vengerov, have decided to invite half of the participants to the 3rd stage. Although my guess has been right in the great majority, I think that the verdict is, at least, controversial. And I'm sure that one person will be definitely missing in the next stage. 

I've known Ania Malesza for almost a decade. She's always been an extremely gifted and brilliant musician. And in the last couple of days she has proved that she's already become a mature Artist, capable of doing incredible things. I know lots of musicians, but very few of them make me feel their music so deeply and intensively. 

Everybody knows that competitions are all about politics. It's just such a shame that some other people's interest can shut door to someone who deserve them to be widely open and inviting. 

Well, I truly believe that there's nothing that will stop Ania from achieving her goals. Eventually, somebody else will get to the final. But she's the one whose music has got to our hearts. And will stay there forever.

I'm very proud that I can be, study and make music around such an incredible Artist like her. And I'm happy that my math coaching helped her to go through the high school  - look where she's got! ;) 

Don't hesitate and listen to the most sensitive, creative and unique violinist of the 15th International Henryk Wieniawski Violin Competition. And enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment