Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! 

I was thinking a lot about what would be the most accurate post for the first day of the 2017. Surprisingly, I decided to introduce you to Jenna Marbles, one of the most popular YouTuber in the world, who I discovered recently. Her first video, 'How to trick people into thinking that you're good looking' (2010), has been watched 65 347 440 times by now. It's extremely stupid, but also very funny. Well, I'm not going to hide it from you - almost every Jenna's video is stupid, vulgar and primitive, but I agree with her that the world is already too serious and too sad to be serious all the time, so it's perfectly fine (and even healthy!) to watch and produce stupid and useless stuff on the Internet. Also, I am a kind of person who needs to find an appropriate balance in managing my free time, so after spending 5 hours on playing Bach, Shostakovich, Poulenc or Brahms, reading Cervantes, Hume, Jelinek, Sontag or Žižek and watching movies about genocide I just need to absorb the proper dose of stupid things. That's why I'm familiar with many texts of culture which you probably consider as the worst products of our times. I promised myself that I would never tell anybody about it (except my second half and my brother who share some of my views on life), but last year I spent the New Year's Eve watching 'Kto poślubi mojego syna' (and I enjoyed it, although it was really tough), I've seen dozens of Jerry Springer shows (no, I'm not joking) and I can watch three episodes of 'Żony Hollywood' one by one without any break. No, I'm definitely not a normal person. 

I decided to introduce you to the Jenna's world through a video that she made in 2015, which is totally stupid and weird. I'm sure you won't find it as amusing as I do, but well, maybe I'm wrong and some of you are as weird as I am. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment